Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Opinions...

   Ok, I feel after certain events in my life I feel the need to get this off of my chest. I would like to apologize in advance if this post offends any of you in any way, but this is just my opinion.

   Just about five minutes ago I was watching funny videos of Pierce the Veil on YouTube. I'm not a huge fan of them, but I do like their music, and I respect them greatly as people. I believe that anyone who looks at their life story can draw great inspiration from them.

   Anyways, I was showing my Grammy the video because I didn't spend much time with her lately and I thought that it would be fun to show her. My cousin walks up beside her and watches the video too. I was OK with that, because I couldn't blame him for watching a video I was showing my Grammy even though he didn't like the band. ( I will post the video in the bottom of this post )

   About five minutes into the video, he starts calling them 'gay' because of Vic Fuentes' long hair, or the shirts they were wearing. This really annoys me because when I asked him why he thinks they're gay, he replies, "Because they look so gay! They have long hair and wear pink shirts (this was during a BryanStarz Interview) and they just look gay. That's so gross. Ew." Now please excuse me if this wasn't an appropriate reaction from me in your eyes, but I was really mad at him for saying that. I was thoroughly annoyed and angry that he was immature enough to believe that you can tell a person is "gay" by looking at them. He believes that the gay stereotype is OK to use in public.

   While I admit there are some things that are associated with a male person with homosexual tendencies, I do not believe it's OK to label people as gay because of their looks or actions. They are people, not cans of soup. Do. Not. Label. People. Moreover, I am a strong supporter of homosexual rights, and when people just call people gay like calling them a boy or girl, it's really frustrating.

   I understand that some people are uncomfortable with seeing bxb or gxg couples showing PDA. I get it, but please don't think that being a homosexual is something a person does by "choice". A person gets as much choice in his/her homosexuality as he/she gets in his/her gender. It is already decided for you. Studies prove that these people have higher levels of certain hormones than they should, therefore determinating their sexuality. Read more here. So obviously, one cannot just "choose" to be gay.

   Extending this topic, please do not call people gay because they "look like they are". Some may be radiating their homosexuality because they simple do not care if people know. Others are scared of how the public will treat them, so they hide it from others, or as most people say "they're in the closet". Also, it isn't right to discriminate against them. It doesn't make sense. What have they done to deserve that? Nothing.

   If you bring up the Bible, that is not a good back up either. One of my very good friends, who is a Christian, told me today that there is a story about a gay couple in the Bible. Now, I don't know to what extent this is true since I don't follow the Bible, but obviously it isn't "God's will" to discriminate against people of the same-sex tendencies. The Bible also says many things that we humans do today. It just doesn't make sense to treat them differently. A person said that people shouldn't be gay or lesbian because it decreases the world's population. What? The last I heard, the increasing population has been becoming a major problem in terms of having enough resources to feed the kids, so homosexuals are doing us a favor.

   I am not asking you to change your opinions. I respect them as much as I do mine. Nor am I intending to start one of those heterosexual vs. homosexual arguments. I would like for anyone reading this to just think about what it would feel like if you were discriminated that way. Try to refrain from using any stereotypes or discriminating anyone. It hurts.

   It really doesn't matter if they are now does it? How are they affecting your life? If you don't like the homosexual PDAs, calmly tell them about it. Screaming and discriminating and bullying them will only make matters worse.

   Again, excuse me if this post has offended you in anyway. I needed to let this off my chest and calmly tell people how I feel (the post has turned out calmer than I expected seeing that I was about to punch my cousin earlier).


What if being straight was frowned upon instead?

  ^^The video that I was showing my Grammy and cousin.^^

*reposted*

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Each day is a gift and not a given right ~