Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Skincare

Hair/Skincare

The second topic of the 2014 Blogger Challenge in skincare. I'm not much of a person who focuses a ton on skincare, but doing this post helped me look into a lot of easy and natural ways to improve your skin which I may end up trying!

  1.  Java Lip Exfoliator 

    Ingredients:
    1/2 teaspoon of moisturizing lotion (such as Olay’s Active Hydrating Body Fluid)
    1/4 teaspoon fresh coffee grounds
    1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt

    Directions:
    Mix well in a bowl. Apply to entire mouth area and massage around for five minutes. Wipe clean with a warm wet washcloth.
    doctor-approved remedies for amazing skin Java Lip Exfoliator
    I haven't tried this yet. I usually use Burt's Bee's Natural Lip Balm to moisturize my lips. It works great in the winter! I have a habit of licking my lips often, and in the winter it leaves my lips cracked with  a slight red irritation under my lips. Using the lip balm  easily gets rid of the cracks and irritation.
  2. Shea Butter:

    High in fatty acids, shea butter is an emollient — meaning it provides a layer of oil on top of the surface of a hair strand, significantly reducing the amount of moisture (water) lost

    shea butter and nuts - natural hair products
    I don't use Shea Butter, but it has been recommended to me before by my aunt, not for my hair though. If you shave your legs and start getting dark spots on your legs, (I will make a post later explaining why) Shea butter can help clear those up. I believe you can find some in Victoria's Secret.
  3. Coconut Oil:

    Many natural hair products contain coconut oil, another emollient perfect for sealing moisture into the hair. Coconut oil provides both shine and strength to locks, making it a popular ingredient for naturals.
    Coconut oil can also be used as a leave-in conditioner for for thicker textured hair. Because the natural hair oils have difficulty sliding down the curls, you'll need to use an abundant amount of coconut oil.

    Parachute Coconut Oil
    This is one that I currently use. The one thing I don't like is the scent it leaves, so I suggest massaging it onto your hair on a Friday or Saturday night, and wash it off the next morning so you have the oil in your hair now and the scent is gone too  
  4. Dry Brushing

    Dry brushing improves circulation in your skin, which is necessary because your skin is the largest organ there is! It removes dead skin, eliminates clogged pores (i.e. the red dots on your legs after shaving) and cellulite (a condition in which the skin appears to have areas with underlying fat deposits, giving it a dimpled, lumpy appearance. It is most noticeable on the buttocks and thighs, and usually occurs after puberty. Read more)
    The directions copied from Mind Body Green:
    1.} Start on dry skin before bathing & work in gentle circular, upward motions, then longer, smoother strokes. You can use an exfoliate too ( I like this one ).
    2.} Always begin at the ankles in upwards movements towards the heart – the lymphatic fluid flows through the body towards the heart, so it’s important that you brush in the same direction.
    3.} Your back is the only exception to the preceding rule; brush from the neck down to the lower back.
    4.} After you’ve finished with the ankles, move up to the lower legs, thighs, stomach, back and arms. Be cautious of softer and sensitive skin around the chest & breasts, and never brush over inflamed skin, sores, sun-burnt skin, or skin cancer. ( Also: ensure you shower to wash away the dead skin cells and impurities ).
    Tip: alternating temperatures in the shower from hot to cold will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bring more blood to the outer layers of the skin.
    Then follow it up with a slick moisturizer to nourish the skin— coconut oil works great!

    http://theskinnyconfidential.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/TSC-Dry-brush-4-Draft-1.jpg

    So there you have it folks, my top four recommendations for Hair/Skincare. I hope you liked this short tip. Sorry about the short descriptions, but I found one website very helpful in learning about new ways to take care of your skin: The Skinny Confidential. Take a look at the site to look at more in depth explanations. 
*Quick Note*
I found another great post on Mind Body Green on Why Everyone Should Get To Know Ghee. I want all of you to know this because my family's been using ghee ever since I can remember! (I am Indian, so it would make sense!) The article is completely true and I suggest giving it a once-over.

Whew! Ok, this has been my longest post yet. Thanks for reading this far! ^.^
Have a great fantastic naturally beautiful day <3
*Muah*

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Each day is a gift and not a given right ~