Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Summer Days drifted away to the Summer Night

Well it's been at least 5 months since I've last posted and I want to apologize profusely to those of you who have been reading all of my posts since I've started. What with my finals and summer homework and summer classes I'd totally forgotten about this blog. I'm terribly sorry.

But the past is the past and I want to start a new leaf with this year's summer. I've fallen behind on many of my Blogger Challenge posts and I promise I will make up for it over the course of the next 2 months.
Now let's get on to the main post shall we?

I actually really wanted to dedicate this post to the almost-over summer and talk about what I did over the two month break. I should have been studying for the SATs and trying to get ahead of the next school year's syllabus but I wanted to recharge this summer. I joined the Supernatural and Sherlock fandom! Yes...I'm a SuperWhoLockian now :) I also started watching Criminal Minds and CSI. With all of these TV marathons over the summer, I needed to balance out the fun with the work.

I thought more about what I'd want to be  when I go into college and how I can improve my life in order to get there.
(I.E. First step: Be Organized! School is about to start and I bought new binders and notebooks for each class. )
As I continued catching up on the SuperWhoLock episodes, I got ready for my new school year and even started studying for the SATs towards the end of summer! I know, crazy right?

I also went to Montreal and Quebec in Canada. It was beautiful there, especially Quebec. I found it so interesting because of all the culture that's been embedded in the walls of the city, It's colorful and entertaining and informative. I found that going there definitely helped me end my summer in a positive note because of all the things I decided I wanted to know more about. And what better way of doing that than going back to school and paying attention in History Class!?

School starts tomorrow for me, and even though I'm excited for a new year of learning, I also don't want to forget all the fandoms I've joined and the friends that came along with it. I've decided to decorate my notebooks with quotes from the SuperWhoLock Fandom.
  • Supernatural quotes are on my English notebook
  • Doctor Who quotes are on my History notebook
  • Sherlock quotes are on my Cultural Anthropology (Semester 1) and Intro to Human Origins (Semester 2) notebook

This way, I remember the fun I've had over the summer while reminding myself that fun and education can go hand in hand.

My English Notebook =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Each day is a gift and not a given right ~